We’re here when you need us most.
We pride ourselves on offering high-quality veterinary care and are honored that you’ve considered us to be there for your animal companion.
Dr. Espinosa (Medical Director)
- Experience: Practicing since 1987 (34 years)
- Education: University of San Diego and University of Southern California, Davis
- Special Mention: Pride’s self in personalized care for patients
- Interests: In his free time, he volunteers as a puppy raiser with Canine Companions for Independence.
Dr. Espinosa's Biography
Dr. Espinosa was born and raised in San Diego. He received a bachelor’s degree from the University of San Diego in 1982 and graduated from veterinary school in 1987 from the University of California at Davis. He has been running the Pet Hospital of La Mesa since 1999. His special interests include internal medicine and soft tissue surgery. Dr. Espinosa and his wife currently share their home with a Brussels Griffon named Gigi and volunteer their time raising guide dog puppies.
- Experience: Practicing since 1990 (31 years)
- Education: University of Florida in 1985 (Bachelor of Science in animal science); Kansas State University in 1990 (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree)
- Special Mention: Prides herself on “honesty and compassion.”
- Interests: Exercise, watch movies, spend time with friends when possible
Dr. Leto's Biography
Dr. Leto has been practicing in the veterinary field of medicine for over thirty years. In 1985, she received her Bachelor of Science degree in animal science from the University of Florida. Upon graduation, Dr. Leto left Florida and settled down near Manhattan, Kansas, to begin the next part of her journey towards becoming a veterinarian. She graduated with her Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) in 1990 from Kansas State University. Dr. Leto prides herself on honesty and compassion. In her free time, she enjoys watching movies and spending time with friends.
- Experience: Practicing since 1991 (30 years)
- Education: University of Illinois in 1991; Knox College for Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts degree – triple major in biology, chemistry, and psychology
- Special Mention: “I treat each and every pet/patient as if they were my own. I am compassionate and very thorough.”
- Interests: “We are a sports family – we love watersports especially. I also love hiking, gardening, artwork and crafts, cooking, and the outdoors.”
Dr. Luke's Biography
Dr. Luke received her Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts degrees, as a triple major (biology, chemistry, and psychology), at Knox College. She then got her veterinary degree from the University of Illinois in 1991 and has been practicing veterinary medicine for thirty years. Dr. Luke is passionate about treating every pet/patient as if it were her pet and is very thorough in her practice. Her family considers themselves to be a sports family (especially watersports). Dr. Luke also enjoys hiking, gardening, crafts, and any activities outdoors in her free time.
- Experience: Practicing since 2010 (11 years)
- Education: Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine in 2010
- Special Mention: Offer the best in veterinary medicine with kindness and compassion.
- Interests: Outdoor activities, traveling, spending time with humans and fur family.